1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Friday, July 1, 2011

Transformers

A friend was blown away by some butterflies, so we wanted to be blown away, too.  I popped on over to this great website and purchased our Butterfly Garden.  It seemed to take forever to arrive- I was so excited!  The kit arrived, and inside was a coupon to be mailed or punched in online, and for $5.00 shipping, 5 Painted Lady caterpillars arrived about a week after that.  I am sorry, but I seem to have lost the photos of the cute little box.  Inside of the box was a tiny tub containing 5 caterpillars and their food.  They stayed there and ate themselves into a fat frenzy and then hung upside down to form their chrysalis.  Yesterday, FOUR of them emerged!  It took 7 days.
Click on the images to get a closer look.  They popped out of their slumbers so quickly that I didn't even notice until we were mid book in group time.  By the time I grabbed the butterfly house and moved it to the table, another had emerged!  It happened so fast- I can only compare it to Transformers.
We mixed up some sugar water in a shallow bowl and sprinkled it on a peony flower.  (My flowers are mush because of the rain yesterday..)
This lady popped out and was letting her wings harden. Look at the color!
Butterflies taste with their feet. 
Is she smiling?  I think so. ♥  Now we are praying for some warm weather before tomorrow because we have to let them go.  We are closing Henle House for the entire week and driving to sunny Idaho to ride the roller coasters.  This will be my last blog post until next weekend.  Boy do I need a break!  ☼

No comments:

Post a Comment