1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Childcare Worker Upkeep



It was time for a break!  I have always had this urge to drive away to anywhere.  Not because I don't like where I am in life or something- I am incredibly happy.  We have been blessed beyond our dreams- we have God, a beautiful place to call home, an even more wonderful family, and jobs.  But I always feel like I need to get away.  Maybe it comes from my mother, who in her day would just hitch hike with my dad to anywhere.  It's a free feeling to just hop in the van and drive.  I guess I am grateful for that feeling.  I crave escape.
Need to get away from it all?  Click on the photo above to get a closer look at what was out in the middle of nowhere.  This is Eastern Washington somewhere along I90.  I love snapping photos of the drive.
It was important to me to try to capture a dust tornado.  I remember seeing them as a child.  I grew up in Grantsville, Utah.  (The joke was that it was 3 feet from hell..)   Anyway, it's hard to capture things while moving, AND through the passenger side window.
Stephanie learned how to dip strawberries in chocolate.  We made these for the 4th of July pool party at Adams aunt and uncles home in Kennewick WA.
We love to visit the Tri Cities.  It's almost always a sure bet that we will find sun.  I had one goal: lay in it.   A lot.
We played in the pool for three days in a row.  Aiden figured out how to blow water through the noodle.  Our routine was : play in the pool, lay in the sun, play in the pool, lay in the sun...  It was amazing.  The temperature was 87 degrees.  It was a nice respite from our 60s weather at home.
 While we were visiting the grandparents, we were blessed to discover the amazing treasure being stored there.  Adam is wearing his great grandfather Leland Kays' WWI  helmet.  His initials are carved into it.
Along with the helmet, in a giant box were lots of newspapers, receipts, a gas mask, photos, and letters all from that era. I will dedicate a post to this amazing piece of history later.
Here is a portrait of Leland Kays, drawn by my father in law.  He's an amazing artist.  This probably took him no time at all. 

I checked the Casey Anthony trial coverage before we left.  I had been following the case since opening statements.   God changed my heart about this case I think.  I have my own opinion, but she is still a child of God and now she has a tough road ahead of her.
Ok- let's go!!  Adventure, adventure, adventure!!  If I row my arms, will we go faster?  It felt like it.  Try it sometime..  I liked driving so close to the windmills.  We were off to Coeur d' Lane to ride the roller coasters.


The road to nowhere.  Is that the end of the earth ahead?
Wait- there's something..
We detoured to Riverfront Park in Spokane.
Spokane has some beautiful architecture.  I had no idea.
Running with the runner statues.


Childcare worker upkeep, here.  Why is it that I can't find a shaved ice at home unless there is some sort of festival?   Man- it was gooood.
We checked into our hotel in Liberty Lake, where Aiden jumped and had pillow fights until he got a bloody nose all over the white bed 20 minutes after our arrival... don't worry, Peppertree Best Western.  We'll keep you on your toes..
Finally, what I had been waiting for!  I see it- that roller coaster that whips me through the air so fast that I can't even remember my name.. Tremors at Silverwood!
Look at my roller coaster boy, Ethan.  He loved it so much he begged to go again and again. This is the best childcare worker upkeep I can think of!  Near death experience- wind in my hair.. it just doesn't get any better than this!
The Corkscrew was the oldest coaster there.  It was kind of a baby coaster.  I'm on it- I was glad Adam snapped a picture.  I am scared of heights, so the coasters are very breath taking for me.
Aiden drove Stephanie and Adam around. 
More childcare worker upkeep.  Sherbet in a waffle cone.  We still had one more busy day at Silverwood that was spent in the water park.  We didn't bring the camera.  My upkeep level is officially at the top!  Now we are home again, where our beds felt like heaven, and we have the weekend to recover.  Thank you God for allowing us this wonderful vacation.  Amen! ☼

3 comments:

  1. You are such a wonderful writer. I love reading your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your vacation looks amazing -- but I can't get that sweeeeeeet little farmhouse out of my mind! <3 Makes my heart go pitter patter!

    ReplyDelete