1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Pressing Forward

It is 50 degrees right now according to the iphone.  I'm honestly to the point where I have to actually TRY to keep these kids happy.  This week I have had the most kids that I have ever had- and it is 50 degrees outside in SUMMER.   My brain has been on autopilot as I search each morning for something exciting for them to do, something that will distract them from the cold winter coat summer we are having.  We have no shortage of supplies, but it is difficult when my brain believes we should be running around in the sun and throwing water balloons.
We created some windsocks to get festive for the fourth.  They are even more fun if you run around outside with them!   They will melt in the rain, though...
 On another note- THAT is a lot of milk.  I mean, a LOT of milk!
I just thank the Lord every day for all of the food that He has provided so that I can feed these kids.  There are lots of kids who rely on school or daycare to get that nutrition their bodies need.  Some school districts offer free breakfast and lunch for kids throughout the summer- our Snohomish school district being one of them.  Check your local school district websites to see when and where food is available and how you can volunteer!

No comments:

Post a Comment