1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Make Something From Nothing

We were sitting in a parking lot waiting in the van and I noticed an abundance of nice sized rocks.  I couldn't help but snag a bag full.  They were perfect.
We took some construction paper that had been cut on both ends as shown above.  These would be little beds or homes for our pet rocks.
Fold the ends together as shown above and staple.  I love my stapler.
I wasn't really in the mood for a gigantic paint mess, so we got out the paint blobbers.  (That's just what I call them.)  These are great- no paintbrushes involved.  Just squeeze and dot. :)
Time to paint our pet rocks!
They also colored or paint blobbed the pet rock homes.
Dot, dot, dot. .   . . . . .
We used hot glue for the eyeballs, it just works very well on rocks.  We thought our pet rocks looked kind of lonely and uncomfortable in their homes.
I got out some fabric that we were blessed with after VBS last summer.  We cut them into blankies for our pets. :)
Cotton ball pillows completed the picture. :)  One boy brought his back this morning because his name was "Rock and Roll and he rolled one of his eyeballs off. " LOL  Then he also told me that his rock couldn't breath and needed a mouth.   What a good little rock parent he is. :)  Talk about making something from nothing! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment