1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

I'm A Tourist At Home



Pike Place is one of my favorite places to be.   Downtown Seattle has so much that I love.  The smell of fresh baked goods wafts through the air, thousands of people wandering toward the market.  I think half of them are tourists, and the other half are the people who are showing the tourists around, but I still feel like a tourist.  My daughter and I always place a bet on how many street musicians we will see.  She wasn't with us yesterday, but I thought of her every time I saw one.
I love everything about Seattle.  I love the dirty alley walls, the crud packed brick roadways that are so old I wish I could ask them what they have seen.  I like the "questionable strangers" that make me hold on a little tighter to my purse.  I love the quirky clothing, the dreadlocks, the relaxed way of being, the noise, the smell of the Puget Sound, the echos of the enclosed stairways down the Pike Hillclimb that lead us to the waterfront. I love the business of it all, and I LOVE to just watch.
Heading to one of my favorite spots- Post Alley.  This entrance is directly underneath the fish throwers at the market.
Look how beautiful that old brick alley is.
It is home to the famous gum wall.  Always contribute.  Yesterday, I forgot.  (Gasp!)

Here's a little taste of what usually happens outside of the first Starbucks to open.  Sorry I didn't catch the name of these musicians AND didn't film the entire song, but they always seem to be parked right here.  I had to move because a giant group of Asian tourists were about to plow me over.  I love playing tourist. ♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment