1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Lightning Bugs

I have always wanted to watch real lightning bugs.  Or fireflies, or whatever they are really called.  I was very excited to find this craft at Oriental Trading.  Right now the cost is just over $1.00 for 12 kits.  Really?  that is amazing.
We don't have fireflies in the Pacific northwest, so we searched Youtube for some videos.  I love using Youtube- it's a great teaching tool!  We have searched for videos of so many animals, bugs, fish- it's like having a moving library at our finger tips.  Aren't fireflies magical?  I officially have "Find Real Fireflies" on my bucket list. Now that we know what fireflies do, it's time to make our own. 
Here is what the kit looked like.  We recommend using glue dots.  Easy application- no dry time- instant art that is ready to wear.
I was grateful for the cloudy day so our bugs could glow.  We cracked them and played in the garage.
I love fireflies! Happy Wednesday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment