1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Watercolor Z

We are learning the letter Z.  I think the perfect book to read for the letter Z is 'The Cat In The Hat Comes Back' by Dr. Seuss.  The cat comes back and lifts his hat to reveal all of the other cats, whose names are the letters of the alphabet.  The most important cat is cat Z, who possesses "Voom" in his hat, a force that can clean up the cat's mess. 
We decided to watercolor paint the letter Z.
When the kids are younger than 2 years old, I don't give them a cup with water.  I just spray the paints with a spray bottle of water to keep their paints moist.  This group can all handle a cup of water for rinsing the brush off between colors. 
Paint paint paint.
Paint paint paint.
They enjoyed the act of rinsing the brush.  It's nice when they get to the age that the whole paper isn't just a muddy mix of brown.
I don't use these often.  The cleanup part drives me crazy because I get a little obsessive about it.  (Wipe all of the water off underneath, wipe the paints themselves, lay them out to air dry all night.)
Look how beautiful the Z's are!  
The Z's were mighty suggestive of nap time.
Meanwhile, I purchased this at my own yard sale!  My mom had some stuff for sale.  I couldn't let someone else have this play tent.  It's large enough for all of the kids to cram themselves inside. 
♥♥♥Happy Wednesday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment