1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Friday, June 13, 2014

Baseball, Art Wall & A Baby On Board

No, I am not expecting.  I'll bet the amount of reads on the blog will sky rocket today!  My sister-in-law is expecting a baby and we heard the news yesterday.  I am so excited!!  The parents to be are over the moon and I just had to share.  (Adam's brother and his wife.)
Meanwhile, we learned a little bit about baseball yesterday.  Now- keep in mind, I have ZERO interest in sports.  I am probably not the best person to learn from, and while we only had very light weight plastic baseballs and the same kind of bat, the kids still had a fun time.
We took turns playing batter, catcher and pitcher.
It took some time to figure out the glove.
Ready!
This batter plays little league, so he did a great job and had lots of enthusiasm!
These girls were up in the tree house playing some sort of princess thing.  
They came down to cheer for the baseball hitting.  They both went home before they got a chance to bat.
This morning was the last day of the school year that requires lunch, so I packed my final three lunches.  I've been packing lunch all year.  The kids eat more that way, and they like what's in it.  I'm so ready for the relaxed schedule!  I will probably blog slightly less. 
So, what to do with the giant folders of school work that gets sent home at the end of each year?  Well, I look through it and save the art work if there is anything amazing.  This year Aiden came home with an abundance.  I could not part with it.  Be honest-- we can't save all of this stuff.  It would end up a large pile in the attic and eventually have to be thrown out.  Sort and toss.  
The art from Aiden's 2nd grade year was exceptional.  I hung it up in the playroom permanently. It also prompted me to sort through Ethan and Stephanie's art as well, and some of those were added to the wall.
I love children's art.
It made a great display on a blank wall that was supposed to have a mural painted on it.  I changed my mind about that mural, and it has been sitting blank for a few months.  This was perfect.
Beautiful!
Smudge had a table in his way during his afternoon nap.  He has been choosing this spot for a few days. 
He napped away while I was hanging art.
One of my favorites-  Ethan made this in 3rd grade.  It's been hanging in the dining room since then.
Praise the Lord God it is POURING outside!  We needed the rain,  My allergies have been knocking me over lately.  We were drenched from our walk to the bus this morning- even with umbrellas.  I am just so glad to see the rain, it doesn't even matter. 
♥♥♥Happy Friday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment