1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Thursday, June 19, 2014

It's Only Day Three

It's ONLY DAY THREE of summer vacation.  One of my children told me yesterday that she is ready to go back to school now.  The other two have been so busy with the coming and going of friends through out the day that they probably don't know what day it is.  Wait, I don't know what day it is.  (It's only Thursday?)  Having friends over is tricky when I am licensed for a certain number of kids at any given time.  I'm constantly adding and subtracting kids to make sure I'm in the clear.  I've got to stay consistently at ten kids or less.  I have been SO BUSY that I can't even believe it.  It's pretty awesome, but this isn't what I envisioned for summer break.  I thought things were supposed to ssslooooow down.  I think I may be over doing it on keeping the kids busy.  Have you ever done that?  Overplan the free time?  I'm guilty.  I need someone to call me and tell me to stop it.  I also need someone to come into my house and take away all of my baking supplies.  I said the "diet" word and now I'm consumed.  My goal is 5 stingy pounds. 
In the playroom I set up a baking station using real pans and some pom poms as food.
This stuff was all set out just for the morning.  Busy stuff to keep them busy, happy and engaged until we head outside.  I try not to torture my neighbors too early in the mornings.  In a pinch we will head out by 9:30 and stay out for 2 hours until lunch.  NO- it's not overkill.  They love it, but I get bored.  That's where a good book comes in.  Right now I'm working on the rest of the Harry Potter series.  I'm currently in the final quarter of The Order of The Phoenix, and loving every word.  If summer could actually arrive here in Western Washington, it might warm up enough in the mornings for us to jaunt to the park.  
They baked away.
The giant pom poms were great cupcakes.
Meanwhile, my daughter came up with this list for us to draw over the next 30 days.  I didn't do so bad on my first drawing, but I'm telling you- the rest all look really difficult for me.  Fun!
My beautiful daughter on the left and her beautiful friend on the right.  She wants to go back to school.  ALREADY.
♥♥♥Happy Thursday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment