1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Friday, June 20, 2014

Let Them Get Bored/Feeding An Army

It's interesting to me that yesterday I was talking about how I've been planning too much and there were several articles floating around the internet about letting the kids get bored.  It's pretty easy with a group of young kids (ages 3-6).  They have very active imaginations.  It's ok to let them get bored!  That's when their active imaginations take over. What drives me crazy, is that several of the articles showed photos of children causing mischief.  Come on.  Let them get bored, but not to the point of causing problems.  (There were kids rolling in the mud-- markers EVERYWHERE.)  Organize the boredness.  Am I a control freak or what?  The freedom in the photos was just the kids, using their imaginations and playing together.  No play suggestions from me. 
I used to try to have the kids put the blocks away before they got out something else.  I don't do that anymore unless there's no more walking room.  The more stuff there is, the more deeply the kids get involved with the scenarios they are creating. 
We just had free time until we went outside.  The sun arrived and it got up to around 70 degrees.
I can handle this kind of schedule.  It's sure been a fun week with my boys' friends coming and going.  The handsome hubby mentioned to me that he's never seen us so low on milk.  I feel like we are feeding an army!  It makes me so happy!  A mom told me yesterday, "I think kids just like coming over to your house." (Or something like that.)  I'm glad.
♥♥♥Happy Friday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment