1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

More Suggested Play Ideas

Because of the rain, we are inside a bit more than I would like to be this time of year.  In place of group time, (unless we feel like having it) the kids get an extra half hour of play time in the mornings.  It is really helpful to place "suggestions" out for them to find.  This keeps them interested.  It can be boring if they see the same things every day.  I keep a large supply of things put away so that when we get them out, it's exciting!  This morning, I placed a game out. "Pop Up Pirate".  
Another suggestion waiting for them is pretend it is group time, and the kids are the teachers.  I got out a couple of things from my group time basket that they wouldn't normally have access to.  The furniture was rearranged so it would look "new".  
They know that the library bag means group time, so I'm hoping at some point someone will take on that role and it will create imaginative play. 
More suggestions. 
Yesterday we played dress up for a bit.  I am loving what these girls come up with for outfits.
Layering is "in" right now.
I can't pull of any hat whatsoever, but she sure can!
The boys built this thing out of straws and connectors. 
I think about how I'm going to solve the whole "I'm bored" thing.  My own kids know not to say it or I will find a chore.  I'm just looking forward to a lazy fun summer.  With sunshine, will somebody please make sure Washington gets the memo?☼
♥♥♥Happy Tuesday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment