1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Monday, June 23, 2014

Family Time

In a house filled with children, it has become increasingly important to me to find the time and make the extra effort when it comes to spending quality time with my own children.  We hopped over to Yakima over the weekend for a family reunion.  Adams extended family has held it yearly, and this was our first time attending.  I did a terrible job taking photos of everyone and all of the fun activities that were available.  It was really great to get away with my own babies!
There was some lounging.
For the most part- we were all pretty active!  There were several bouncy houses for the kids to play on.  Our boys enjoyed this water slide.
We were just watching the kids slide and crash into the pool at the bottom of it.  Entertaining!
It wasn't really hot- just right. :)  Aiden played in the water until his lips were blue in the early evening.
I always love to see the different terrain. 
The hill was covered in burnt brush left over from a recent wild fire.  What you can't see is a river that flows at the bottom of the hill, or the train tracks that are relatively close.
The grass was full of rattle snakes!
My favorite part was playing game after game of volleyball with my kids.  It's so great that they are old enough to join in.  I paid for it though- I have a monster bruise on my wrist from hitting the ball wrong.  (Over and over..LOL) 
Our time with our kids living at home is so short.  I am loving the simple times together lately- even if it's just having popcorn and watching tv together or a planned outing on the weekends.  Or baking "broccoli", which is the code word for "cookies" when I share them with just my own kids during business hours.  They are sure getting good at hiding their broccoli consumption from everyone else.  Sometimes it's the little things that mean the most to me!
♥♥♥Happy Monday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment