1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Butterflies

I can't believe it is June!  I often times wish that I could just skip Spring and Summer and get right back to my favorite, Autumn.  This year, however, I am truly enjoying each season to the fullest.  I've said it before, but God is a genious.  We are so lucky that the seasons change, our minds can feel refreshed with the changing scenery.  We are talking about summer, which arrives June 21st.
When I got up this morning (5:45AM), there was one butterfly in the house!  Within half an hour, another had emerged.  For the first time, I could see the colors through the chrysalis!
Soon after, another one literally exploded from it's encasement-- Aiden was describing how it just popped right out, all at once!   Then there were three.
See how the wings are all wrinkled up?  They are still filling up with blood.  They have such vivid beautiful colors!
The kids have all been watching and checking on them. 
We placed some fresh flowers in a bowl with some sugar water.  We also drizzled some of the sugar water over the flowers.  Butterflies will also drink from an orange slice. 
What an exciting day!  We had another one emerge before we left for the bus stop, and now we are waiting on the last one.  Interested in watching your own caterpillars emerge as butterflies?  
Get yours from Insect Lore.  It is truly mesmerizing every time.
♥♥♥Happy Tuesday!♥♥♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment