1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Monday, October 1, 2012

Happy October

Can you believe it is October?  We sure can't.  I remember that by this time last year we were already burning fires in the fireplace.  Not yet this year!  It is still very beautiful outside- I am loving every minute of it.  We created some baby food jar candle holders on Friday.  Fall makes me want to burn candles.  The one shown above was Aidens creation last fall. I wanted to show you that you can create any design that you wish to create!
To begin, clean out a baby food jar.  Remove the label, wash and dry. 
Mix a blob of Elmer's glue with just a little bit of water to create a milky looking substance.  Paintbrushes work very well for mixing. 
One at a time, place a tissue paper square onto the jar.  Hold it in place with one hand, and paint the milky glue mixture over the top of the square to secure it to the jar.  Repeat- adding different colors to create a mosaic effect.
You can switch it up by using different colors for different holidays or seasons.  Red and green for Christmas, white and blue for winter, pink and red for Valentines Day, shades of green for St. Patrick's Day, on and on!  We make this project every year around this time.  I suppose I should try another holiday, right?  I just love Autumn.
Leave the jar upside down on a paper plate to dry.  I usually go over the entire thing with the glue mixture after the kids are done working on them.  
When dry, add a tealight or votive.  I like to tie twine around the top of mine.  I was out of twine this year and used taffeta instead.  Happy October!  My favorite month of the year. Boo! ♥♥♥
'Spooky Scary Skeletons'- my favorite song from this Halloween children's CD. ♫

No comments:

Post a Comment