1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

4 Birds

We were supposed to create 4 witch hats, but as I said before, I am done with Halloween.  I wanted to create something bright and colorful that might remind us that it is fall.  We see birds all year long, but they have been around us in force lately thanks to the giant sunflower heads that are bursting with seeds.  We created 4 birds!
I gave them each some bird shapes.  The kids glued them onto a paper wherever they chose to place them.  I added some tacky glue for them.  I only have two bottles of it in our supply cabinet, so I can't let them each have their own.  
We got out the feathers!  Feathers are so fun to use.  The bright colors keep the kids' attention and make art pop.  I purchased a giant bag for around $6 from Oriental Trading.  Worth EVERY penny.
The kids spent some time adding feathers to the glue for each bird.  They added beaks and one eye to each bird.  We constantly took the time to count each bird, as well.  
Each child used a marker to draw bird legs.  
I LOVED this project!!  Sometimes the ideas we create on a whim are much better than the ones that were planned ahead of time.  
The kids glued on the number four.  Look how cute that bird is.  I am so glad that I took photos. ♥
These are just adorable!!  I knew immediately that they would all be taken home.  I was right.  They are gone forever, the empty art wall remains.  (Insert sad face here.)  I suppose that is a compliment.  I would've loved those colorful birds to hang around for a bit! 
♥♥♥Happy Wednesday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment