1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Friday, October 5, 2012

Bats

I'm laughing at myself because when I was writing my curriculum in August for the coming preschool year, I thought I'd mix up our letter Bb crafts, and instead of creating Bb is for Bat like usual, we created Bb is for Bumblebee.  I have been mourning since then-- isn't that silly?  I write the curriculum for goodness sake, lets make some bats!  To begin, we collected some toilet paper tubes.  I had saved some paper towel tubes a while back and cut them down to size. This project went smooth thanks to the paper plate.  This gives the kids an idea about where the tubes should be as they painted them.  A quick note- Crayola black paint is the best black paint.  Others I have purchased looked more purple.
Before we even began, I traced each child's hand onto black paper.  I then folded the paper in half and cut it out, creating two cutout hands for each child.  I used pencil to write their names on each hand.  Otherwise I might never keep them straight!
Time to paint our tubes.  
They were pretty serious about it! 
Next, I helped them apply some tacky glue.  My love affair with tacky glue has not ended!  It simply does not run.  I will buy that glue forever. 
The kids added eyes, mouth and ears. 
The final step is to glue on their hand cutouts as wings.  Isn't that adorable?  
A rule we follow here at Henle House is that when we have completed our project, if we have paint hands then we must raise our hands up and walk to the bathroom with hands in the air.  This keeps them from touching everything along the way.  So far it has been a helpful rule! 
What was I thinking?  We love bats.  We usually create some sort of bat once in October. 
These were particularly cute.  Happy Friday! We are whisking our kiddos off on a short adventure this morning because half of the kids are gone for today. ♥♥♥
Something else from 'Elmo Says Boo'-  The Count sings 'The Batty Bat'.  I can hear my Stephanie, age two, with her cute little squeaky voice singing along to this.  I can't believe she is turning 14 in a couple of weeks.♫

No comments:

Post a Comment