1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Something For Mom

Look at how wonderful that Crayola paint is!!  The color is so bold.  We started our Mothers Day projects yesterday.  They chose a color and I painted their hands.
Handprints always make a good mom gift.  Their hands grow sooo fast.
Crayola is REALLY the best.  It just washes right off.  I think  I'm Crayola paint obsessed.
My niece, Alexis. 
Some of our pots, ready for sealant.  It's important to seal projects when using washable paint.  (Or any paint, I think.  Especially if it is on a flower pot and is likely to get wet every day.)  Last year, Mothers Day snuck up on me so fast I didn't get to help the kids create something for mom.
I coated the outside of each flower pot with this sealant.  It was excellent- the paint didn't run.  It was dry almost immediately.  Good stuff!!  Today and tomorrow, we will plant flowers in our pots in anticipation of making our moms smile. :)  I will post the final results then.

3 comments:

  1. My kids (so many years ago!) made the same thing for my Mom. She still uses that flower pot every year, filling it full of geraniums! :)

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete