1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Let's Escape!

Last Friday- (Remember, Friday is my hardest day of the week..)  SIX kids stayed home!  My first response was,"Let's escape!"  The kids know that means we will go on an adventure.  We decided to go to the Woodland Park Zoo.  I hadn't been there in 4 years, and I felt like spending a small fortune.
The sun was shining, and most of the animals were out and active.  It was beautiful!
Bad photo, (You should be used to that by now..) but the boys loved the gorilla.
The penguins were very playful and active.  They would continually bob down to see the kids, who laughed and squealed in excitement.
The grizzly bears were my favorite.  The kids watched them through this tiny cave for a bit.
There was a sweet tiny apple tree orchard in the farm animal area.  I wanted to bask in the sun on that grass.
Another reason I love my Seattle, murals.  We saw this at a stop light.  So neat!  I can't wait to escape again.







2 comments:

  1. I love going to the zoo. We have a free zoo here in the Twin Cities, Como Zoo. I go there often, and you can hear my hubby saying, "again". Glad you had a fun day!

    ReplyDelete