1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Monday, June 3, 2013

June Garden

The gardens are looking beautiful!  Happy June!
I love to see the sunshine highlight flower petals.
Last year this Hosta was eaten by snails.  It looks pretty good this time around. 
We have a raised bed where Cilantro reseeds itself year after year.  I added some gourd seeds and the tiny plants are doing well so far.  
The veggie garden is slowly coming to life.  I plant seeds, so it takes a little more time.  We've got baby corn stalks and sugar snap peas beginning to climb. 
The Henle House pumpkin plants are looking good even though they were grim for that couple of weeks of no sunshine. 
Green beans!
The strawberries are coming along!  I found a surprise in this raised box, reseeded Catnip.  It has been a couple of years since we had Catnip growing, Smudge is going to obliterate it when he finds it. ♥
This planter holds Bluebell bulbs that came from my Great Grandmother's garden years ago.  Now that they have finished their growing cycle, I added some snapdragons and Lobelia to it for the summer. 
This little flower garden out in the front yard is coming along nicely.  Every year we add something new to it. (Perennials.)  This year we added three varieties of Peony.  They smell so wonderful!
Oriental Poppy.♥
Larger than my hand!  These are showstoppers for sure.  Thank you Lord for a garden!  Working in the gardens bring so much joy to my soul.  
♥♥♥Happy Monday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment