1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Do Nothing Day

Yesterday was a "do nothing day".  We just weren't feeling like doing preschool.  Maybe it was just ME who wasn't up to the task. :)  We had a very busy weekend, and truthfully, yesterday and today feel like my replacement weekend.  We just sort of hung out all morning.  I should've known that I could only take that for a little while.  The kids were happy.  I got bored.  So I made peach jam.
Why not, right?  I had a house full of kids, there was free time.  I used the last 6 large mason jars of peaches that I canned a while back.  I now have an excuse to can more peaches.  They are so good!   So this is what I did yesterday.  Doors open, children running in and out, their basic needs met.  It was a great day!  My jam turned out fine, I think it could've been a bit thicker but it's perfect to spoon onto a biscuit.  
Smudge and George had some snuggle time.  We placed George there.  Smudge kept him.
On another note, when a child gets bored during outside play, try bringing something that is usually played with inside, OUT.  For some reason kids get amped up seeing their inside toys outside.  I think they feel like we are breaking the rules and it gives them a rush of excitement. 
♥We will see if we can't get through the letter Zz today!♥
(Not the nap Zzz..)
♥♥♥Happy Tuesday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment