1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Camp Fire

Would you look at that grey Washington sky? True to itself, the minute school lets out each year, Washington turns into a cold drizzly mess for several weeks straight.  EVERY YEAR.  It has been just pouring on us this week.  It makes me feel like we missed summer and it is now early Fall.  We are in the low 60s as far as temperature goes.  Whatever.  WHATEVER.   I'll just keep taking my vitamin D pill every morning. Just to survive. 
I have looked at this project in a book for a couple of years now and hadn't gotten around to implementing it.  Torrential rain forced us to do something yesterday! 
To prepare, just cut out a bunch of fire shapes.  I used yellow for the taller shapes, orange for some medium shapes and red for the small ones. 
The idea is to begin with the yellow, layer on some orange, and finally the red. 
This took some time!   I don't usually show the kids an example because I like to see how they create their art individually, but this was one of those projects that I don't think they could envision what it was supposed to be.  So the book stayed on the table to show them what they were creating.  It helped.   The entire time, "Ouch, that's hot!"  and  "Oh no, I'm burning up!" 
We got out some oil pastels to add some color to our flames.
See?  Just a bit more color.
The kids also added stars because our camp fire was at night, and some cotton ball smoke.  
I liked that effect!
Finished!
This one looks like the wind was blowing it.
They look nice on the art wall. :)
♥♥♥Happy Thursday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment