1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Smoothie Kick/Bathroom Update

A friend did some convenience shopping for me over the weekend and showed up yesterday morning with some organic spinach and a gallon bag of Kale. Thank you Kristel! I had been looking for these items to use in my smoothie lunches.
A friend at Bible study suggested I puree the greens and freeze in an ice cube tray.  What a great idea!!  I did just that.  One pound of spinach pureed in the blender made 12 spinach cubes.
See? I added maybe a half cup of water to help it puree.  Now when I am making a smoothie, I can just pop one of these cubes into the blender and not have to worry about it going bad in my fridge.
I did the same with the kale.  I am already feeling the benefits of cutting out processed junk.  I think I've been doing this for a little over a week.  Adam is on board, too.  He is really holding me accountable! 
Meanwhile in the bathroom, things came to a halt for a week.  We were just so busy- not much was completed.  Yesterday Adam was back in there, and we have low numbers this week so we are moving forward.  The giant mirror came down, and broke on the way.  
The sheet rock is in, the mudding and taping completed. Tomorrow we are texturing the walls.  Guess who has two gallons of paint ready? ME!  I am so excited to get my hands on the walls.  I can paint beginning Thursday, and then the floor is being installed.
We chose vinyl planking after a friend mentioned how much he and his wife loved using it.  I love the look we chose, it looks a little rustic. 
Here are some accessories that have been waiting to go in.  I'm pretty excited about that toilet seat- a shiny new seat to clean. YES!  The rug is the color that the walls will be.  We are installing bead board around the lower half of the room and will paint it white.  There is a light at the end of the bathroom remodel tunnel! ♥
Smudge was needy last night and I was paying too much attention to getting the birthday party ready for today.  He's still my best beast.  
♥♥♥Happy Tuesday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment