1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Monday, February 4, 2013

Cookies, Crowns & Ink

 Friday we decorated heart shaped sugar cookies in honor of February.  We will be doing multiple heart shape activities this month. We had some coughers, so I did the baking while they had their morning snack and then the kids decorated the cookies.
We had cream cheese frosting, sprinkles and conversation hearts. YUM!
Decorating cookies is a large project to cram into 45 minutes, and we managed to do it.  I forgot to take pictures of the finished cookies.  The kids took one plate each  home to share with their families.  We are learning that is is fun to share, and it makes us feel good to do things for others. ♥
Meanwhile, the kids cannot get enough of watching themselves on the computer 
during the emergency dance party. 
 I love when we can capture a genuine smile!  She is watching her amazing dance moves. ♥
We also had a moment of boredom and created some quick crowns. Aiden had been working on one for the 100th day of school, and the other kids all wanted one as well.  
Then yesterday I went and had this art placed on my side.  I can tell you with 100% certainty that I will NEVER ever again get a side tattoo.  It was extremely painful and difficult.  I always compare everything to labor, and in this case I would much rather have been having a baby!  Thank you Ana at Ratatat Tattoo- she did an amazing job, didn't she?  She free handed a lot of these lines, and I feel that this art is very much ME. 
Needless to say, I'm a bit sore today.  I feel like I have had a full body workout just from clenching all of my muscles in pain for three hours yesterday.
♥♥♥Happy Monday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment