1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Monday, December 31, 2012

One Project Down, Two To Go

Alright, so here was the icky wallpaper strip.  Now that this is completely gone, we only have one more wallpaper strip in the house.  If I remember correctly, there were four when we moved in. 
This came off relatively easily.  The bits of paper stuck on after the big rip were easily tackled by wallpaper removing gel. 
The walls looked like this for a day.  I had to let the Spackle dry so I could sand.  
 There were a couple of spots like this where I started to scrape off some chipped paint and it resulted in a hole.  But look at that mint green color? We also noticed a layer of orange. 
I just wanted it to look clean.  I have to say, it was terribly difficult to restrain myself in the kitchen.  I want to be rid of the green, and repaint the cabinet doors.  (Or replace them.)  I had to hold back.  In time, kitchen, in time. 
Doesn't that look much better?
It will do, for now.  On to the bathroom. :) 
Meanwhile, the cats are two peas in a pod.  Petra loves to follow Smudge around.  They both now have the morning routine of bombarding me for food.  Petra tried to go outside this morning with Smudge and I to get the paper-- I almost had a heart attack.  She is just not ready for the big outside world yet. 
♥♥Happy New Year!♥♥ 
PLEASE do not drink and drive.

1 comment: