1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Friday, December 14, 2012

Christmas Count Down

One year I remember making the count down chain at the beginning of December.  The kids needed bags to haul out their giant chains!  This time we waited until the 12 day mark.  
I loved the triangle trees that the kids recently made, so we used this again to decorate our count down project.  The kids counted the triangles and remembered that they are green.
These pre cut strips were an amazing purchase from Oriental Trading!  There were so many strips that they have lasted long enough for every child enrolled in December for the last three years to complete a chain.  I am sure I paid about five dollars for them.
The best part about them is that there is an adhesive on the back of the strips.  Just lick and stick like an envelope.  I love that!  No glue = no dry time= instant hanging on the art wall with out the mess.
The kids learned how to build a chain.  We created a red and green pattern.  
With each loop, they were happy to hold up the chain and see how long it was.  :)
Really?  Only 12 days left?  Wait- make that ELEVEN.  
I hope the kids remember to remove a loop each day!♥
 Beautiful! Did I mention how much I love this job?  I really do.♥
♥♥♥Happy Friday!♥♥♥
Waltz Of The Flowers by Tchaikovsky for The Nutcracker.  Will someone please bring me a pair of ballet shoes size 8 so I can just dance around the house and pretend? Please?♥

No comments:

Post a Comment