1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Friday, December 7, 2012

Gingerbread Cookies

We read the story 'The Gingerbread Man.'  The kids really loved it!  In fact, we read TWO versions of the story, each with different endings.  I love the story.  I love that the smart fox outsmarts the gingerbread man and eats him up.  The kids are shocked about that if they don't remember the story from last year.  It's so funny. ♥
I purchased these awesome treat boxes from Oriental Trading.  The came flat, assembled quickly and were just the right size for carrying some cookies home.  Each child had a box.
My first thought was, "How can I keep the mess to a minimum?"  So we used paint trays to hold the fixin's.  The paint trays were set onto a larger tray that also contained a paper plate.
True to myself, I administered the frosting.  I just did not want a frosting bomb to clean up.  The kids would get the frosting applied, and then decorate their cookies. 
It was kind of intense.  They were happy about this activity, although most of my photos look pretty serious.  The rule was that they would work hard to decorate the cookies to SHARE at home, and then they could decorate a final cookie to eat. ♥
Chomp!
♥♥♥Happy Friday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment