1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Friday, December 28, 2012

Normalcy

The house is quiet today! Yesterday, as well.  We are slowly creeping back to normalcy after the Christmas celebrations. Do you see that ugly wallpaper strip?  I know I have actually highlighted it's beauty before somewhere on this blog.  I finally ripped it off. 
Here is a halfway photo.  I was really excited yesterday because Christmas was all put away.  This house is spotless.  It feels large and empty.  I love it! Time for a project.  Rrrriiiiiiippp... scrape... scrub... sand...  Then I realized our Spackle is hard as a rock.  My painting project will wait until this weekend probably.   I'm painting the wall white for now because I have the paint already.  Christmas is over.  Let the home improvement projects begin!  We are starting demo on our bathroom in January.  I will keep you posted on that project. 
We spent Christmas Eve at my parent's house.  We had a very nice time with family!  I truly felt like I had a break.  (I even wore those jammies for THREE days.) That's my future sister in law in the back row far left.  She recently told my big brother "YES!"  So now I have two little sisters. ♥ Look at my sweet grandma, she always holds her pose so gracefully.  
I love this shot.  Those are my parents helping Aiden decipher a gift tag.  Dogs helped, too.
I love the hustle and bustle going on in this shot.  Everyone is moving, everyone has something going on.  This is how the majority of our Christmas break went.  Busy busy busy!  
We hosted Christmas day at our house.  I LOVE to host and feed people.  We had a great time talking with family and just relaxing and having fun together.
I always praise God when we have a houseful of people.  It makes me so happy!
Our kids were getting into their stockings on Christmas.  Stuffing stockings is something that Adam and I are pros at.   I'm so glad we are on the same page about it- if there is a stocking to be stuffed at our house, it will be your best stocking.  
My family spoiled me!!!  I have never asked for one of these but pause and sigh every time I see one at the store.  The price tag makes me move away quickly.  Hallelujah chorus, praise the Lord almighty- there is a Kitchenaid mixer in the house!♫ 
Kudos to Adam- he knows me almost as well as I know myself.  He went into a local antique shop and brought home a stack of antique seed packages in an old bread pan.  
For now, some of them are resting inside of this beautiful old soda pop crate on the wall.  I have plans for them, to be executed soon.  I'm keeping the plans hush hush for now, but will have to share later.  I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas time with loved ones.  We are always thankful for the joys and lessons learned throughout the past year and are ready for more. ♥
♥♥♥Happy Friday!♥♥♥

1 comment:

  1. My husband went to an antique store too! he got me some pyrex. Even though he doesn't like them lol :)

    ReplyDelete