1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!  Wether you know it or not, your last year was full of blessings.  Sometimes even the bad things are blessings in disguise.  God uses all sorts of experiences and circumstances in our lives for His purpose.  We should not forget to thank God for each and every circumstance.  Looking back on my life, I can see why I was put through the ringer.  I had a lot to learn, and I think the main thing that I was supposed to do was to lean on God.  I had been so far away.  
I just had to hit rock bottom in order to see that I need God.
Are you there yet? If you are, there is only one way out- ask God into your life, and MEAN it.   Then watch God change your outlook on all of the circumstances.  I certainly see things differently now. 
My friend on facebook suggested this jar idea.  Set up a jar in your home with paper readily available.  Throughout the entire year, everyone in the house is welcome to jot down something good that has happened.  A lesson learned, a blessing, an accomplishment- a beautiful sunny day, anything.  Then at the end of the year, sit down as a family and read them all. :)  We are IN.  A jar is now placed in the kitchen window and the paper and pencil are hanging next to it.  Ethan made that recipe holder in school at Mothers Day last year, and it's perfect for this.  If you need to try really hard to look for something good- try this: 
I'm alive, tomorrow is new, God is in control. 
♥♥♥Happy New Year!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment