1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Dress Me Challenge.. Adam vs. Nicole

Ok, so I love my hubby so much for coming up with this idea.  We work together at home, you know.  Every day at noon, one of my favorite shows comes on.  What Not To Wear.  Guess who sits with me and watches it?  The handsome hubby.  We spend the whole hour oohing and aaahing over each outfit piece and agreeing or agreeing to disagree on the results.  One day Adam mentioned it might be fun to go to Kohls and choose outfits for each other, just to see what we come up with.  FUN!!!  So I agreed.  The rules are that we are not allowed to give input to each other unless it pertains to size.  Here is what we had to choose:
One casual outfit.
One outfit for a date night out on the town.
One dressy outfit for a wedding or something. 
Ready... set... GO!  
We were near the mens dressing room by the time we collected all of our choices for eachother, so Adam went first.
Here is his casual outfit.. it looks so great we had to purchase it.  Jeans, long sleeved shirt and light jacket.
Next outfit for a date night- jeans, t-shirt and long sleeve button up shirt, casual style.  We both loved it.  Loved the shoes, too.. but at $60.00, clearly not in the budget.
Outfit number three, he didn't like it.  The vest was an impulse grab, but the pants were very nice.  I suppose my outfits for Adam scored 2 out of three stars.  Now I have ideas for him when shopping on a whim. :)  Here is what Adam chose for me.. get ready....
I am chuckling at this... It's my "casual" outfit..  He agreed with me that it was really not a good idea after all.  In fact, it screams "What Not To Wear."  The dress could've worked somehow, but certainly not with the other stuff he chose.  It was so hard not to say anything or even grumble below my breath.. 
Outfit two, for the night out on the town was also a miss.  I almost like the shirt if it didn't make me look pregnant.  The skirt was great if used under other circumstances, although it was a size too large. I am not a fan of those boots.  He agreed that he wasn't scoring yet.
Outfit three for a wedding or something was a half a star for me.  Actually, if the dress had about 4 inches added to the bottom, I wouldn't have been able to leave the store without it.  It's a beautiful piece.  The shoes were ridiculous- I almost died just walking out of the dressing room. 
Needless to say- I won this challenge.  I do not, however, think that men are easy to dress.  I am very excited that Adam actually wants to do this again when we have more time.  He loves a challenge.  I love HIM.  This was so much fun.  Happy Saturday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment