1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Compassion In School

Here is Ethan, our middle child. ♥  He was in the process of carving his pumpkin back in October.  He goes to Emerson Elementary School, and they are doing something amazing!  Every month, several times each month, the kids all walk to Merry Haven Nursing Home to read to the residents.  They also enjoy conversations and just spend time together.  I have always been grateful for our Snohomish public schools, and this just adds to the list of wonderful things about them.  These schools are teaching compassion! 
Yesterday Ethan brought this home to me.  I feel so blessed that he gets to be a part of this ministry!  Whether the school system knows it or not, they are teaching Gods love and compassion toward others.  I know that a large majority of Ethans school is filled with Christ believers.  I am so thankful!
This morning it is frosty outside. :)
Brrr! 
♥We are cozy on the inside. ♥
Even Smudge did not want to venture out with me this morning. 
I love this time of year.  The air is brisk and the home is comfortable.  Happy Thursday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment