1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Coffee Filter Turkey

Turkeys are funny creatures!  I have several turkey stories from my childhood.  It was my our job as the kids to feed the animals in the mornings.  We had chickens, turkeys, geese and other types of birds.  Growing up in Utah, winters were bone cold.  The water was always frozen in the chicken coop.  One year a giant white turkey sat down and froze it's feathers to the grass.  So it had to sit there until we could rescue it.  Turkeys will gang up on you.  We had a beautiful walk in chicken coop that our dad built.  I was inside gathering eggs and the latch on the outside of the chicken coop door "mysteriously" ... (brother?) locked me in.  Outside the door were four giant white turkeys trying to attack me as I reached out to unlatch the door.  They were bullies!!  Anyway- I love turkeys.  So we created turkeys instead of completing our worksheet.
We gave the kids half of a coffee filter.  They used crayons to make them as colorful as possible.
Everyone was interested in each others designs and color choices.
This one was particularly bright- nice job!
This one is waiting for a hug. :)
Ballet turkey..

I think they all have personality.  SO funny!
This one is clearly taking flight.
I sure love a full art wall. :)
Meanwhile- I'm not sure if I shared one of my favorite sandwich day tools- the pizza cutter.  It allows me to cut up the sandwiches with ease.  
Especially for the little ones. :)  Happy Thursday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment