1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Busy As Ever

Look at Chippy with his muddy nose.  He was here for hours yesterday, burying peanuts in our garden.  He is back this morning.  He or she is as busy as ever!
Here's what Smudge did all morning.  Intimidate.  After doing the usual outside cat and squirrel chase, he came inside and just watched.  Chippy is not afraid of Smudge.  They have an understanding.  (I hope...)
"Hell-OOOoo.. Can't you see that I've been begging forever?"  The longer I take to give him some nuts, the closer he comes to the doors.  I love when he grabs the door and plasters his face to the glass.  He's so desperate.  I just want to snuggle Chippy.  
Meanwhile, I've been busy as ever, too.  I found this on Pinterest, but the process took much longer than the boasted one minute that Pinterest claimed it takes to bend a waffle cone.  Try 10 minutes per cone, plus 4 DAYS of dry time.  Boy was that post way off.. but they are finally completed and I now have little cornucopias to hand out the the daycare kiddos before Thanksgiving.
To bend a waffle cone, soak the tip in warm water (I poured some inside, too.) for about 30 seconds.  Microwave the wet cone for 45 seconds and then mold, using a pencil or your hand.  Then you need to set it somewhere that will hold that shape forever while it dries.  I shoved mine up against the kitchen back splash and set a chopstick on the curve to keep them in place.  It was really an ordeal, especially because I made around 20.  I am going to recommend that the kids NOT eat the cone, which is clearly stale by now. 
See how cute the curve is?  Next step is to fill them with MNMs or Reeses Pieces and wrap with plastic wrap, tie a bow to secure the wrap.  
 I went further and placed mine inside baggies with some shredded wood to add some cushion.  This way if the MnMs were to escape the cornucopia wrap job, they will be contained in the bag. 
Phew!! FINALLY finished.  Cute idea, but I will look for something else for next year.
 We are working on recognizing the number 5, so we created turkeys yesterday using our hand print.  (Count the fingers and thumb..) I forgot to take photos!  Happy Wednesday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment