1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Friday, June 3, 2011

Hobbies

I have some hobbies that don't involve construction paper and washable paint.  A couple of years ago someone blessed my husband with this Fender acoustic guitar.  It collected dust, so I adopted it as mine.  A woman from church, one of the most beautiful inside and out, patiently taught me how to play it.  Thanks, Marie.  What a gift that continues to bless me!
Another hobby that is challenging me is photography.  I don't really have an eye for it, but I enjoy playing anyway.  A guitar is so fun to capture.
I love to knit- and have recently attempted to crochet. The red and white coaster you see above was supposed to be a dishcloth.  It's my first crochet attempt- I would LOVE to hear your suggestions on a great website that teaches "dummies" how to crochet.
Baking is another hobby.  For some reason, if the sky is cloudy I get the baking bug.  So around here that is almost daily.  Muffins, quick breads, cookies, biscuits, on and on and on... ♥
I think my favorite hobby is to go walking.  I prefer a winding path with bells and whistles.  I need scenery.  No straight paved trails for me.  Washington trails or wandering through Snohomish to see what everyone elses gardens are doing is perfect!  Happy Friday!  Today I will finish my quilt . ☼

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you DO have an eye for photography! Keep practicing and save up for a DSLR, that will make a big difference. And I have heard YouTube has great tutorials for knitting or crocheting, but I am assuming you might have already tried that?

    ReplyDelete