1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Walk In The Garden

Every morning we wander the gardens to see what's happening.  It's my favorite part of the day.
Usually barefoot..
With a cat following.  Usually it's my beast Niko, but this morning it was Chloe.
Look at those baby Mammoth Sunflowers beginning to dominate! 
The lavender is doing much better this year than last.
 This garden is filled with perennials.  I lost some of the tags along the way, so this flower was a surprise.  I love the guessing game. ♥
"The Little Gourd That Could"... This year the plan is to have a giant gourd vine wandering along the handrail to the front door.  It has really been fighting the cold, but still growing.
Strawberries are appearing!  A friend who needed childcare paid me in strawberry plants.  I think I'm hooked.
This Foxglove is almost up to my shoulders.  
So happy to see the sunshine this morning! ☼
Look at our funny sweet corn.  It needs to be weeded, but it's still really trying to get 'knee high in July'. 
The snap peas are plugging along, too.  The kids have been waiting!  Some of them remember picking and eating them last year. 
A natural way to kill the flies on the fruit tree- 1 cup white vinegar, 1 cup sugar, 2 banana peels, 1/2 cup water.  Hang it in half of a milk carton and the flies that go after the fruit will be drawn to the carton and the vinegar kills them.   So far, so good.. Adam climbed up to take a look at the bug graveyard. 
The Topsy Turvey tomato plants are still alive, and in my book, that's success. 
The Cilantro is blooming- I'm waiting for the Coriander seeds.
Aaah,  the amount of work these gloves have seen. ♥
Happy Sunday!
Gen 2:8  And the LORD God planted a garden in Eden, in the east, and there he put the man whom he had formed.

No comments:

Post a Comment