1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Tunnel Vision

Look at the babies.  They didn't want to go outside just yet because it was so cold.  Zuko (left)  is quickly catching up to Petra, isn't he?  He is 6 months old now, and Petra is one year. 
They are best friends.  I love it!
I have had tunnel vision lately and haven't done much with the kids.  I've been baking and freezing EVERYTHING.  It began with Stephanie wanting to bake some cookies for friends.  Now I have decided that since we will be hosting both sides of our families here at our place for Christmas Eve and Christmas day, I want loads of cookies to set out for each gathering.  When I decide something like this- I go into tunnel vision overdrive and turn into a work horse.  
Yesterday, it was the biscotti.  I hadn't ever before made this, and I can't believe I have missed out for so long.  It is delicious.  You can find the recipe I used here.  I baked it for 20 minutes, then used a pizza cutter to slice it while warm, and toasted it for 8 minutes on each side.  I added Craisins to half of a batch, white chocolate chips to another, almond slivers to another, and left one plain.  
Meanwhile, the kids have enjoyed some extra play time.  I know that this is valuable, but I feel guilty for skipping out on the stuff I had originally planned.  We will now play catch up so we don't miss out on the best stuff.  I got out the puppets and re-introduced them one day.  The kids were very happy!
Puppets are amazing. They played with them for half an hour.
♥♥♥Happy Tuesday!♥♥♥
PS- Please pray that my cats do not kill us in our sleep tonight.  Zuko is going to the vet to be fixed tomorrow and can't eat or drink anything starting at 8:00 tonight.  This means that NONE of the cats can.  I have to hide to bag of cat food so nobody breaks into it.  The three cats already act like they are starving, it's going to be rough.  Especially in the morning.
♫The kids are currently dancing to this:  "Christmas This Year" by Toby Mac.  ♫

No comments:

Post a Comment