1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Friday, December 13, 2013

Cookie Decorating

This post is a few hours late, the computer was throwing a tizzy.  It's finished now. ☻
It is certainly the season for cookies.  With all of the baking and snacking that has been going on here, I'm sure to need a good exercise routine when this is all over.  It was the kids' turn yesterday to decorate some cookies!
I baked these a couple of weeks ago when I had some free time.  They waited in the freezer for just the right day.  This sure makes cookie decorating day a snap!
It was my job to apply frosting.  The kids would then decorate their cookies and pop them into the cute gingerbread house box for safe keeping. 
It dawned on me how blessed I am to have such great kids in the house.  It's really fun to be able to actually complete tasks like this with them!  There were no problems, no fighting, no arguing.  They congratulated each other on the fine jobs that they were all doing with each cookie.
The only hard part was that they didn't like that the frosting was on their fingers.  I had instructed them to try their hardest NOT to lick their fingers until we were all finished.  Trust me- that is HARD!!  I found myself trying to lick my own probably 100 times.
It was finally time for them to eat one of their creations!  We talked about how we are all planning on sharing these cookies with people.  I asked them each who they would share with.  The older we get, the harder it is to share.  I know that it seems backwards, but these 3 and 4 year olds are always very excited to share their creations with their families.  I could learn a lesson or two from THEM. 
Yum!!
We folded up the boxes and up they went until it was time for pick-up.
Smudge was the Christmas kitty.
♥♥♥Happy Friday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment