1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Monday, December 16, 2013

Glue Paint Resist/Fun Gift Wrapping

We have created crayon resist art several times.   I recently saw on Pinterest to try it with Elmer's Glue.  Why not?  I scribbled some glue snowflakes onto some white paper early in the morning.  I wasn't sure how long it would take them to dry.
It certainly didn't take long once I set them on top of the hot wood stove. :)
Over the summer I purchased new water color refills.  How exciting it was to get them out! (I know, nerd alert, right?)  I am not ashamed.  It was great to see them use brand new paint.
The idea is to paint the entire paper.  We tried very hard to only use blue and purple.  I was interested to see what the glue would do.
They got busy!
The glue did not pop out as well as a white crayon drawing does.
They could see what was happening, though!  I didn't tell them what I had drawn on the papers.
In the end, the glue was very sticky and wet, and it didn't stay white, but soaked up the colors of the paint!  Pretty neat!
Meanwhile, I have been having a lot of fun with gift wrapping.  This year I have been interested in something more special than the basic wrapping paper and sticker tag.  It has me digging through my art supplies and other things around the house.
This special gift is for the person I drew for Christmas.  I cut up some burlap from a large coffee bag I have, used some bakers twine and a button from my art supplies.  I love to wrap gifts in paper grocery sacks or newspaper.  For the longest time it was only because I didn't have wrapping paper around, but now I see people using newspaper on purpose and I feel smart.  
♥♥♥Happy Monday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment