1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Our Kids Said..


 I love having boys in the house.   Look at my sweet boys.  
Often partners in crime, often frienemies.. at the least, they are entertaining.
Waiting for the bus together. Two years ago.  They are growing up way too fast! In our house we have a funny book that I jot down things that kids have said.  It is usually our kids who say something worthy of the book, but there are also some great things in there from the children who have spent time here at Henle House. We got the book out this morning and had a laugh!
Aiden, age 5, "Guess what mom?  I'm gonna be your friend forever."
Aiden used to just make up words. 

Age 5, "Mom, I have a side crack." (Side ache.)
"Mom, Stephanie wangled my ear!" (Tattling.) 
"My hands are shunky." (Crumbly, from fish sticks.)
While playing 'CLUE' as a family, " Well then, who's the murgaler?"  (Murderer..) 

Aiden age 6 told me that his cousin Alexis asked the 'Magic Meat Ball'  (Magic 8 Ball) the best question- 
"Will Aiden and me get married?"  It said yes.  I told him that cousins cannot get married.
 "What a liar that magic meat ball is!" He spouted. 

At dinner, "Mom, this dinner tastes like dead chicken."  It was hamburger quiche.. LOL!!!

Ethan at age 8 said, "When I grow up I'm going to be an awesome dad, like mine." ♥
Aiden age 6 responded, "When I grow up I'm going to be a VERY hairy man."
Ethan age 7, when he asked me why I purchased a different orange juice than usual and I let him know that this one was better for him, replied," Well this bean is gonna sprout and move out!" (Bean is his nick name.)

Age 7, was watching Discovery channel before bedtime.  I told him it was time for bed and he whined, "Aaaw, come on mom!  Tonight at ten they FIND Bigfoot!"

At age 6. "Mom, you are too remembery." 

At the dinner table we had been discussing what age was too old for Stephanie to go trick or treating. 
Trying to stifle his elation, Ethan said, "When will her last Christmas be?" 
One of the funniest things that our kids have ever said came out of my sweet Stephanies mouth when she was four.  It was published in Parents Magazine that year.  While working at a daycare as a teacher of 4 year olds, Stephanie was in my class.  It was clean up time.  She was usually a great cleaner.  I noticed that while all of the kids were busy cleaning up toys, Stephanie was wandering around from station to station with a kitchen utensil toy in her hand.  I asked her."Stephanie, why are you not helping? It's clean up time!" She replied, "I KNOW! I'm the DAD and I don't know where this goes."  LOL!!
♥♥♥Happy Thursday!♥♥♥


No comments:

Post a Comment