1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Where's Chloe?

I felt like baking something quick for the kids.  It's fun to bake with them, but sometimes it's nice to just cram it all into a short amount of time and do it myself.  We've been learning the colors brown and yellow.  Last December, Family Fun Magazine published a great recipe for what they called "Candy Cane Twist" cookies.  We loved them.  I used the same recipe and created some Thanksgiving twists, using brown and yellow.  Sweets for my sweets.
I love to use Wilton food coloring.  It's a thick gel, and very potent stuff.  The recipe I used is here at Family Fun.
To keep the kids busy while I had fun baking, we got out our pumpkin pie playdough.
 I love this cookie dough recipe because it didn't require extra flour to make it usable.  It was very smooth, easy to manipulate.  Easy to roll "snakes" for twisting.
Brown and yellow. The kids enjoyed them.  Meanwhile, Chloe had been missing all day.  It took hours, and after hearing a faint snore in the living room, we located her in what has been her new spot for about a week.
What a weirdo!  I can imagine that this spot is incredibly loud.
Silly Chloe, but we sure love this game!  Happy Wednesday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment