1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Friday, November 4, 2011

Birthday Day

It's this little guys 6th birthday today!  We usually throw a little party.  It is, after all, the most important day for a child next to Christmas.  We keep a birthday bulletin board in the playroom so I don't forget anyone on their special day.  I keep a tub of party supplies handy- tablecloth, napkins, hats, balloons... whatever the dollar store has to offer! 
Sometimes I make cupcakes the night before.  The kids frost and decorate them at the party.  My FAVORITE birthday treat is the cookie sandwich.  $1.99 for a pack of chocolate chip cookies, another couple bucks for a container of cream cheese frosting, sandwich it together and stand it upright before sticking a candle inside.  Yum!  (Easy and FAST!)
Sometimes they get a little toy or something.  I DO go to Kohls and snag the $5 book and stuffed animal that goes with the book just for the birthday kid. I want each child to feel special. I was blessed as a child to be home with my parents on my birthday.  If the kids must be here- then I must make it fun for them.  Happy Friday! ♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment