1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Monday, November 21, 2011

Henle House Tribe

We have been learning about the ways the native American Indians lived before the pilgrims invaded and caused havoc.  I usually leave that part out, these guys are only 4.  Each November, I really enjoy having the kids create a feather head dress and help them receive an Indian name.  The kids enjoyed looking at old photos that we found on the internet.  I LOVE the internet as a teaching source, and today I have my computer back.  Things are happening much quicker as the computer desk now. 
 They were fascinated!  They noticed the long hair.  "Are they sad?"  One asked.  I had to explain that the photo probably took a looooong time to take.
They wanted to see the feathers. 
It was time to create our own!
To come up with our names, I asked them to think of an animal.  Then I asked them what the animal was doing.  Of course, I had to take each child in the other room to get an answer that was genuine.  If one four year old chooses eagle and the others hear it, they all want to choose eagle, too.  She chose "Following Snake."
"Hungry Lion."
My favorite.. "Playing Chicken." ♥
"Sitting Bear."  They spent the next hour wrapping themselves in blankets in place of animal hides.  Happy Monday!♥♥♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment