1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Something Is Different

Here is our 'Angel Of Prayer'.  I keep her out all year.  In my mind, this is me, all day of every day.  Constantly in prayer.  "Dear Lord, please let us make it to the bus on time, please help me focus on what YOU want, please help my life calm down a little."  Be careful what you pray for!  My life has calmed down a bit TOO much.  If you know anyone who needs childcare, I have four spots I would love to fill.  Somehow when things get quiet around here I just don't know what to do.  I am grateful that God has provided me with some peace for now- it feels nice to have less to do.  I think my mind craves busy, though.   Prayer is my favorite thing.  Instant messaging with God.  ALWAYS pray!  Something is different for me this time, I do not feel the stress or worry right now about trying to fill these spots.  God knows what He is doing. 
We have decked the halls.  There is an unspoken thing between Adam and I and these letters that are supposed to spell NOEL.  We always change them.  No conversation about it, when I notice he has spelled something, then it is my turn.  Not many options, but entertaining.
Adams grandma made that quilt card holder and sent it home with us over Thanksgiving break.  I thought it was very creative!
These were rescued from a "free" table of stuff at church.  Perfect. ♥
Look what my niece was wearing- so stylish all of the time.  See that ugly towel we have to put under the tree?
It's Chloes new spot.  If I move the towel, she will leave giant gobs of fur everywhere.
We had to move this table to put the tree up.  I kind of like it here!  Something exciting- one of my daycare kiddos didn't know about Jesus being born and I get to teach her for the first time in her life.  ♥
We have an ornament tradition.  Every year, our kids each pick out a new ornament to call their own.  I mark them with their names.  When they move out, they take their ornaments to decorate their own trees.  This one is what Adam and I chose.
Here is Stephanies.
Ethans reindeer.
Aidens penguin.  It's fun to see what they pick each year.  Whether I like it or not.  (Big smile.. "It's... beautiful!"....)
The kids had fun noticing the changes for Christmas.  We will be very busy baking gingerbread cookies and doing extra crafts, and hopefully escaping on an adventure or two once school is out!  Do you have any Christmas time traditions? ♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment