1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Friday, November 18, 2011

Pie Crust Disaster

I have a love/hate relationship with pie dough.  I'm also a crust snob, I really prefer a crust made from scratch.  My love/hate relationship started when I had to throw away a whole batch of dough I had made from scratch.  It was the first time I had to chuck it in the trash, but certainly not the last!  The last time I had this issue was a few years ago, and the pie was so awful looking, I actually asked Stephanie to take a photo.
Look- we still had dark panel in the house.  But more importantly, that look on my face brings up all kinds of hatred in my heart for that day of pie dough disaster.  I had thrown away the first batch, only to have the next batch be awful, too.  By awful, I mean that it wouldn't roll out.  Pie dough will not cooperate if it is manipulated too much.  By this point, I was just pissed off.  I am sure I let it ruin my day.  At least my apron looked cool.  It's a favorite of mine.
Look at that mess!  I had finally thrown in the towel and just slapped a bunch of pieces on there.  I couldn't take it anymore.  Bad pie dough!! Bad!!  It was ruining my life!
These ladies are the queens of turkey gravy.  My mom with her mom.  These are the most important ladies in my life.  They taught me how to make the pie dough, and the gravy.  This year, I am not in charge of pie dough.  I'm making pumpkin pies, so if the dough is awful, we won't notice.  Good thing, because things are always a bit awkward when cooking in someone elses kitchen.  But because we are spending Thanksgiving with Adams side of the family this year, I am hoping to bless them with gravy.
  It has been fun having this old computer.  I'm pretty nostalgic about photos, and here's another throwback one.  We were playing Catchphrase.  Happy Friday everyone!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment