1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Smudge Vs. Ducks

Meet Bonnie and Clyde.  (Original, right?)  These are the two ducks we notice on our street every Spring.  If they had entered our yard in the past, we didn't notice.  They seem to pop by every day now.  There is no shortage of bread here.  They just kind of waddle around, eating bugs out of the garden.  They aren't shy!
Someone else is interested.  Maybe a bit TOO much.  Adam and I joke about what beast Smudge will haul in next.  Fish?  Goose?  He is an amazing hunter.  I wasn't too happy when he noticed the ducks. 
He wasn't too happy that I noticed his noticing.  Inside he went.  I was pretty surprised he wasn't thinking clearly enough to exit through the cat door and go around the house to get the ducks.  He couldn't take his eyes off of them for a second.  
Yesterday the kids were delighted that the ducks came to the back yard for a visit!  Hooray!  We could feed them!  We are not allowed to feed the ducks in the park, so I was very happy they came to us.
 Even the little ones pushed some bread through the fence for them. 
 "Miss Cole!   Miss Cole!"  Everyone made sure that I was looking. :)
Enter Smudge.  We didn't know that he had been hiding in the tall grass waiting for the right moment to kill our joy.  He darted at them.  We did get to see the ducks spread their wings-- it was pretty exciting.  For the first time I wasn't egging on Smudge with his hunting fiasco.  I cannot imagine he would actually succeed in hauling A DUCK home.  For now, he has someone to play with though.  I hope Bonnie and Clyde return. 
Meanwhile, Ss is for snake and sun.  We threw out the boring S worksheet and did some coloring.
The tulips look so beautiful!  I remember planting 70 of them last Fall- I'm very grateful for the bright colors. 
♥♥♥Happy Tuesday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment