1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Monday, August 26, 2013

Preschool Prep

It's that time again, and I am reeling with happiness!   I feel very blessed that God continues to allow me to run Henle House.  What a joy it is to work from home.  There are so many aspects of my job that I love, but teaching preschool is my #1.  I spend many hours each year planning and writing out my curriculum.  The last week of August is usually reserved for fine tuning, re-looking it over, tweaking it here and there and writing out my supply lists.  My goal is to teach them without them realizing that they are learning.  Making it fun is key.  Especially since I teach a variety of age groups all in one.  Each lesson must be visually entertaining for a two year old, while feeding the minds of those ages 2-5. 
Here is what my curriculum looks like.  I need the organization.  It feels good.  Sorry about the bad photo, my camera decided to stop auto focusing.  I now need a new camera.  
This cabinet will be tackled today.  It's time to clean out the leftover supplies from the summer projects that we created.  I managed to clean out my bench in the garage that was full of supplies.  I feel ready to go!
It's time to move in the appropriate subject books to my group time basket.  I'm also looking at flashcards to make sure they are in good shape.  If not, now is the time for me to remake them. 
My "Good Job Jar" is fully stocked with MnM's.  This is a great incentive in group time!  
Finally, I have pulled out my seasonal books for September.  We start talking about Autumn the first week of September.  Children's books are a great resource for learning all about seasonal changes.  Books are powerful tools! 
 Are YOU ready for your kids to go back to school?  I think all of mine are ready.  We have a freshman, a 4th grader and a 2nd grader.  My how time flies. 
♥♥♥Happy Monday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment