1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Monday, August 5, 2013

Pet Rock

A couple of years ago, we spray painted a pile of rocks orange to use as tiny pumpkins for a song we had been singing.  We've been using the leftovers since then as pet rocks.  For two years now I think.. 
Out came the matchboxes.  The idea is to create beds for our little pet rocks.
They each added a tissue square for the quilt, a foam rectangle for the pillow, and a piece of fabric for the blanket. 
There was only so much we could do with a tiny little matchbox, however, small hands like small items to manipulate.  Open the box, put rock to bed, close the box.  Repeat.
They were happy!  I felt resourceful by actually using the  leftover supplies. 
Meanwhile, we are gearing up to paint our house.  I am so excited that I can barely pull myself away from the grunt work to do my day job.  We are in the process right now of priming railings, doors and shutters.  We are painting our white house gray, with white trim and possibly a deep blue door.  Trust me, the color scheme looks great!  Boy am I happy to have a Home Depot excuse.  I love that place!
♥♥♥Happy Monday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment