1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Friday, August 16, 2013

Crock Pot Apple Butter


 I have always wanted to make apple butter.  I found a link on Pinterest that led me to this sweet blog!  The crock pot provides an easy way to make it!  Core and cut up 20 apples and place them into the crock pot.  I used Braeburn, Golden Delicious and went outside and plucked some sour pie apples off of our tree.  Add 2 cups of apple cider, apple juice, or water.  Cook on low for 10 hours.   Puree (don't liquify!) in the blender and return to the crock pot.  Add 3 cups sugar, 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ground cloves.  I added a dash of allspice.  Cook on low for one more hour.

 You can process it in a water bath for 10 minutes or freeze it.  It will keep in the refrigerator for a while, but it's so good it probably won't last long!

I put mine into half pint jars for easy gifting.  It filled 17.

Smudge watched me.
 

♥♥♥Happy Friday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment