1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Lazy Summer

Yesterday we had a lazy summer day.  The kids watched an old Chip N Dale cartoon and had popcorn.  Those old cartoons are the BEST.  No crude remarks, just hilarious mishaps and blunders.  We lounged around outside and took note of what was happening around us.  I noticed that our beloved Wisteria is finally winding itself around the post. ♥
We have been waking up to mice gifts from Smudge.  He was awfully busy that night.. We had these two waiting for us while he was batting around another one.
Happy cat roll.. ♥
Our baby "Big Max" pumpkin.  We just clipped the vine at the end to stop vine growth.  Doing so allows the pumpkin to grow larger.  We will see.  Our pumpkins haven't been very successful over the past few years.
The corn is coming along.  I love corn stalks for looks alone.  If we get some ears of corn I consider that a bonus. 
The sunflowers are reaching to the sky!  My favorite flower, every year, they can reach up to 14 feet. 
Next on my to do list= harvest apples and begin dehydrating them.  
The trick is to actually GET them.  This tree hasn't been pruned, probably ever.  It produces a great amount of fruit.  Last year I injured my knee pretty severely and still suffer the effects.  It won't bend properly, therefor I cannot just climb a tree anymore.  I need to rely on Adam for that, and he will get up there and drop the apples to me.  Team work!  If we are lucky we will come away with some canned apples.  These ones are also great for pie.
Quietly playing, look at those beautiful long summer shadows.  Sometimes the simplest things spark great thankfulness in my heart to God for all He has created.  Lazy summer days are among the greatest of those things to be thankful for.  Happy Thursday!♥♥♥
"Never Going back Again" by Fleetwood Mac.♫

No comments:

Post a Comment