1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Monday, August 27, 2012

Harvest

We had a productive weekend! A couple of sick trees were taken down and a little bit of harvest was happening.  This morning I shredded two large zucchini in preparation for zucchini bread this winter. 
I have never owned a food processor larger than the one cup size.  Maybe the reason is the price?  I do not know.  I must have a good right bicep because all of my shredding happens on this trusty grater.  Someday, I will own a large food processor.  Meanwhile, I am grateful for what I have.  The job is done.
Look at these GIANT ziplock freezer bags! 2 1/2 gallon sized, I could put one on as a shirt they are so large. 
12 individual ziplock bags that contain one cup of shredded zucchini in each.  They filled half of the giant ziplock bag.  Now they are ready to go into the freezer.  On a cold winter morning I will pop into the freezer and snatch one of the bags out for some warm zucchini bread.  Easy as pie.  By the way, who said pie is easy?  I think not.
Stephanie held the ladder for me and I picked some apples for some pie.
Onto the apple peeler they went.  This is still one of my most useful garage sale finds EVER! 
Into the bowl.  Yum! But NOT easy.  After all of that work there was still pie dough to be made.  Have a wonderful Monday everyone!♥♥♥
"Rosanna" by Toto.  Rumor has it the Patrick Swayze is one of the dancers in the background.  Not sure.♫

1 comment:

  1. We have been harvesting too! :)
    I canned 16 pints of green beans and have been shredding zucchini for the freezer also.
    Yesterday I made zucchini wheat bread and zucchini-carrot-pecan bread...yum!

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete